[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
DejaToons • View topic - NETWORK BANS - All others

NETWORK BANS - All others

NETWORK ban removal requests or general information on a ban message

Moderators: Neal, DejaAdmins

NETWORK BANS - All others

Postby BAXT3R on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:50 am

You were just banned from the network and aren't sure why... :(

*please note that CHANNEL bans must be lifted by the person who set them - do not pm an ircop for help regarding a channel ban

4 possible reasons are...

Open Proxies or BNC bans
Dejatoons actively checks each connection for open proxies and BNC (bouncers)

Open Proxy Definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_proxy
BNC Definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_%28network%29

If you were banned for this then you will need to contact your isp provider, explain the situation that your ip is listed as a known open proxy and ask for a new ip assigned to your connection. In case they ask, read them the message you recieved from your ban message.

As an example, you would tell them: (replacing the example message with the message you recieved of course)

"Your host is listed as an Open Proxy. Please visit the following website for more info: http://www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=218.208.242.70"

We also recogmend you purchasing a router/firewall and/or a software based firewall like Zone Alarm, and a virus scanner to help keep your computer/network secure.

infected script bans :
your script was autosending files typically associated with trojans/virues or pming people on channel joins with information about "movies" (trojans/viruses)....so in other words you probably need to reinstall your script and scan for some virses/trojans cause your script is trying to spread them through irc - once you've made sure your system is clean post and we'll lift the ban.

autoget script ban :
you had an autodownload script loaded and did not respond to pm messages or failed to remove it (after you said you would) - unload the script and the ban will be lifted (*autoget scripts are unwanted because it takes up queue slots that REAL users need)

You broke a network rule :

You've been a bad boy or girl and got yourself banned from the network eh? Well, there isn't much that can be done about that other than accepting the consquences of your actions and wait for the ban to automatically lift when the time period runs out (if it was a permanent ban then my friend your pretty much out of luck) or pray that an ircop will take mercy upon you and lift it early but don't hold your breath.

Read the network rules @ viewtopic.php?t=3 and try not to break them again if you manage to get back on.
[/b]
Last edited by BAXT3R on Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAXT3R

Postby thanatos355 on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:05 pm

Yeah, I got a ban message and I have no clue why. At first my firewall was blocking ident requests, but I fixed that but I still get the banned memo. It would be nice to know why.

-atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-
-atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
-
* Identd replied: 2656, 6667 : USERID : unix : thnts355
-
-atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Received identd response
-
-atarians.dejatoons.net- *** You are permanently banned from DejaToons (shredhed - forum.dejatoons.net)
-
Closing Link: thanatos355[ppp-70-244-195-214.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net] (User has been permanently banned from DejaToons (shredhed - forum.dejatoons.net))
thanatos355
Toon Addict

Postby bowbiter on Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:37 pm

Have you ever been to our network before?
bowbiter
Site Admin

Postby thanatos355 on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Yes, it was a while ago, last year maybe.
thanatos355
Toon Addict

Postby spanko on Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:25 pm

Please help I was banned and dont know why!

This is the message I get when I try to connect:

[02:25] * Connecting to 217.198.148.50 (6667)
-
[02:25] -starhunter.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[02:25] -starhunter.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname
-
[02:25] -starhunter.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Infected with: Proxy )
-
[02:25] Closing Link: spanko[*.sfo-ubr1.sfrn-sfo.ca.cable.rcn.com] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Infected with: Proxy ))
-
[02:25] * Disconnected
-
[02:25] * Connect cancelled
spanko
Toon Addict

Postby LeStat on Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:46 pm

LeStat

[11:43] -eternia.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Autoget scripts are not allowed on visit forum.dejatoons.net when it has been removed!)
-
[11:43] Closing Link: LeStat[pool-71-105-197-139.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Autoget scripts are not allowed on visit forum.dejatoons.net when it has been removed!))
LeStat
Toon Addict

Postby bowbiter on Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:48 pm

so it's been removed?
bowbiter
Site Admin

Postby zeromantis on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:17 pm

[6:12:01] * Connecting to 217.198.148.50 (6667)
-
[6:12:02] -starhunter.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[6:12:02] -starhunter.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
[6:12:02] -starhunter.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (xdcc catcher not allowed)
[6:12:02] ::: Error: ERROR Closing Link: exist1874[ppp-71-128-195-101.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net] (User has been banned from DejaToons (xdcc catcher not allowed))
-

No idea what an xdcc catcher is. I'm guessing its something in my script (which I didn't create). I was meaning to switch over to XChat anyway, so I used this oppurtinity. So now I use XChat and still have no idea what the ban meant.
zeromantis
Toon Addict

Postby bowbiter on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:57 am

bans been removed
bowbiter
Site Admin

Postby JJMC on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:06 pm

JJMC
Toon Addict

Postby bowbiter on Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:46 pm

bowbiter
Site Admin

Postby JJMC on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:25 pm

JJMC
Toon Addict

Postby bowbiter on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:01 pm

bowbiter
Site Admin

Postby Padway on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:41 am

[09:30] * Connecting to irc.dejatoons.net (6666)
-
[09:30] -eternia.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[09:30] -eternia.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-
[09:30] -eternia.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Infected with: xdccklipper )
-
[09:30] Closing Link: Padway[user-118bmhr.cable.mindspring.com] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Infected with: xdccklipper ))
-

I disabled that script a long time ago and it still shows up? can I get an unban please? and also, how can I be sure it's not somewhere in sysreset still lurking?
Padway
Toon Addict

Please lift my ban

Postby aqualyricist on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:05 pm

I had an old copy of irc and i forgot i had this loaded. Apologise. :( All clean now TIA!

Closing Link: aqualyricist[pcp09216459pcs.rtchrd01.md.comcast.net] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Infected with: xdccklipper ))
aqualyricist
Toon Addict

Next

Return to Network Ban Support