[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
DejaToons • View topic - NETWORK BANS - For all "SPAM" reasons

NETWORK BANS - For all "SPAM" reasons

NETWORK ban removal requests or general information on a ban message

Moderators: Neal, DejaAdmins

Postby Meh on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:57 pm

I got banned for being a spammer
i said "hi" once while it was reverted with ctrl-r and i gave it another colour with ctrl-k
the admin that was on said "don't do that it's annoying" and i got banned
i did not know that it wasen't allowed to do that, if they said that i had to stop i would, but they gave me no warning
now, almost a month later, i am still banned
i thought it would be over by now.

i have learned my lesson, i wil never use ctrl-r and k on a public channel anymore

i was using the nickname: Meh
i get this message when i try to log in:
18:36] Connecting...
[18:36] Logging in...
[18:36] -atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[18:36] -atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
[18:36] -atarians.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
[18:36] -atarians.dejatoons.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
[18:36] -atarians.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Spammer)
[18:36] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest6025[cp115223-b.dbsch1.nb.home.nl] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Spammer))
[18:36] Disconnected from irc.dejatoons.net

IP-adres: 84.31.11.219

i went to the serebii forums, but they told me to get help here
Meh
Toon Addict

Postby Rosebud on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:37 pm

I was wondering, are network bans for "spamming" reasons lifted after 21 days, or longer?
Rosebud
Deja Addict

Postby Meh on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:06 pm

no, i am waiting for more than a month, and my ban has still not been lifted

or am i wrong?

Pokémon!!!
Meh
Toon Addict

Postby sm00nie on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:20 pm

sm00nie
Toon Addict

Postby Max on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Max
Deja Addict

Postby Sapphire Milotic on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:17 am

Sapphire Milotic
Deja Addict

Postby zozoloe on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 pm

* Connecting to betamax.dejatoons.net (6667)
-
-betamax.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-betamax.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-
-betamax.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
-
* Identd request from 63.243.153.239
* Identd replied: 1886, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : Wolf
-
-betamax.dejatoons.net- *** Received identd response
-
-betamax.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Spammer)
-
Closing Link: Wolf[cpe-85-10-13-44.dynamic.amis.net] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Spammer))
-
* Disconnected

This is what I get when I try to connect. I just went away while talking on some channels and when I came back and tried to connect again because of being disconnected and I got this. I think it's because of my brother who went on while I was away and he used that ctrl+r thing and it got me banned (because it's same IP and all that). Could someone help me?
zozoloe
Toon Addict

Postby Meh on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 am

Yea, i can help you
using ctrl-r and ctrl-k bans you
after more than a month, my ban still isn't lifted
oh yea, only unreasonable and ego-assed mods ban you for this
http://www.serebii.net is famous for its ego-assed mods, my friend got banned once for saying "naruto", he came on my computer to ask the mod why and he said this:

"not now please, i'm not in the mood"
"could you and your noob stuff now move along"

seriously, all the mods are assholes

Pokémon!!!
Meh
Toon Addict

Postby zozoloe on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:20 pm

I know that ctrl+r thing bans you. That's why I didn't even use it. It was my brother who annoys me and sometimes does stuff like that who got me banned.
Anyway the ban is now lifted so it's all ok now. I'll try to keep my bro away from my computer now when I'm chatting. You can all just ingore my above post now.
zozoloe
Toon Addict

Postby Tenten on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm a staff member of SPP chat. There was some discussion going about the rules, and I thought I'd post them, so I did. While I was saying that reverse command wasn't allowed, I put emphasis on the reverse command by actually reversing some text, not actually knowing that it resulted in a full server ban, I thought it was just a channel ban. When I try to sign in now, it says:

* Connecting to irc.dejatoons.net (6667)
-
-thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-
-thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
-
-thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
-
-thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong 2DC5D95A or /raw pong 2DC5D95A now.
-
-thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Spammer)
-
Closing Link: Tenten[dsl-210-15-216-187-static.VIC.netspace.net.au] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Spammer))

Thanks! I don't know what to do now :S.
Tenten
Toon Addict

Postby Neal on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:18 am

Last edited by Neal on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neal
Helper

Postby Neal on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Neal
Helper

Postby Tenten on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Woah, woah. It's been a week now. And does anybody know how long the ctrl+r ban lasts for? I was simply showing people not to do that, and putting emphasis on one word :\. Also, you guys need to chill about the Spp-Ops, lol. I'm with them, and I got banned just as good as you guys :(. Also, I really miss dejatoons, I've been with Spp for ages and I got so bored. Also, I have logs now, thanks to Yeti, the bestest person in the world :3. Could I please get unbanned?

(5:38:53 pm) * SerebiiBot sets mode: -h Tenten
(5:38:53 pm) * Hinata sets mode: -b *!*@misc. copulation.Kage.Bunshin.no.Jutsu
(5:38:55 pm) <Yeti> The people with status don't get banned
(5:38:56 pm) * Evil-Ryu (~Unown15@pool-71-107-195-60.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net) has joined #SPP
(5:39:07 pm) <Tenten> lolwutz
(5:39:09 pm) <Locke_Yggdrasill> I see
(5:39:09 pm) <Yeti> osnap
(5:39:10 pm) <Tenten> no
(5:39:11 pm) <%Aeris> o_o;;;\
(5:39:12 pm) <Tenten> !halfop
(5:39:12 pm) * SerebiiBot sets mode: +h Tenten
(5:39:22 pm) * +Locke_Yggdrasill (~Locke@You.have.not.the.right) Quit (User has been banned from DejaToons (Spammer))
(5:39:24 pm) * Aeris sets mode: -b *!*@I.Am.The.Ruler.Michelle
(5:39:25 pm) <+DarkPaladin> @_@
(5:39:25 pm) * %Tenten (~little-ra@Naruto.Mpreg.Is.Win) Quit (User has been banned from DejaToons (Spammer))

Is this enough to get me unbanned? Thanks so much ;o;. I'll also repost the thing that comes up if I try to connect:

* Connecting to irc.dejatoons.net (6667)
-
-sebben.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-sebben.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
-
-sebben.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname
-
-sebben.dejatoons.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
-
-sebben.dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from DejaToons (Spammer)
-
Closing Link: Tenten[dsl-210-15-216-187-static.VIC.netspace.net.au] (User has been banned from DejaToons (Spammer))
Tenten
Toon Addict

Postby Evangeline on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:10 am

OMG. Charlotte, I was banned too. ;~; For continually posting off-topic insanity in the #Help channel. I'm guessing this constitutes as spam. I was personally banned by MeR-DeR... Is there ANY chance at all of an unban? :/ Logs were posted in the other network bans thread. Will I be banned forever? ;~;
Evangeline
Toon Addict

Postby Tenten on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

I *think* it auto-expires in 31 days anyway :/. I hope so anyway. But if you were personally banned, then I'm not sure -.-. *Sigh*...
Tenten
Toon Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Network Ban Support